Deadline: June 1st, 2018
Dazibao and PRIM, in a joint collaboration, are excited to offer a unique residency for an artist to produce and exhibit a project. The chosen proposal will take into consideration the mandates of both organizations. Accordingly, the artist will explore formal and conceptual questions pertaining to image making practices while pushing the boundaries with regards to sound, video and digital media.
The selected artist will have one year to complete his/her project. The equivalent of up to $12,000 in filming equipment as well as post-production facilities for sound and HD video (editing rooms equipped with AVID, Da Vinci and sound mixing studio Pro Tools HDX), based on PRIM’s current non-member rates. The technician fees are not included in the residency. PRIM will offer the artist up to $1,000 in video and/or audio training or support (non transferable, no cash value).
The project will then be presented at Dazibao during its 2019-2020 programming year and benefit from the promotional and technical support applicable to the centre’s regular programming.
Artists living outside of Montréal will be responsible for covering all costs related to travel and accommodation.
○ The recipient will be required to become member of PRIM and to abide by the centre’s access policies.
○ The project is to be completed by the artist within one year following the signature of the contract.
○ The overall innovation of the project
○ The project’s relevance within contemporary image making practices
○ The synthesis between the proposed content and the technical aspects of the work
Only proposals submitted via the online form will be considered.
(Please download the Excel file. You will have to fill it out and upload it into the online form.)
Results will be communicated within four months following the deadline.
Dazibao encourages submissions from artists who identify as belonging to any minority group.